Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trunk-Or-Treat!

Saturday was our ward's Trunk-Or-Treat party, and we spent half the day trying to decide if we were going to venture out since it was cold and rainy ALL day. In the end, we decided to give it a go, and got the kids dressed in their costumes and headed to the church. There was a huge turnout, and Clark went kind of nutso when we first got there, but after a quick time out, he mellowed. I played with him and his friend Preston and while we were hitting a balloon back and forth to each other, Andrew was making friends with the other pumpkins.
I thought they all looked ADORABLE.

I originally wasn't sure if Andrew was going to carry on the tradition of being a pumpkin for the first Halloween because Clark was so big for his age, I didn't think the costume would fit Andrew, but it did! It actually brought back a lot of memories, and I kept calling Andrew, Clark, all night long even though they don't look that much alike to me.
Here is Clark in 2006 (11 months old):Here is Andrew in 2008 (9 months old):
Meanwhile, after about 20 minutes, Clark went from this:
To this:
Hmmm...It must be time for ice cream and candy!! First Tanner tried to take him through "Spook Ally," but Clark came out the entrance crying since the Young Men were put in charge of that activity and it didn't really cater to the Really Young Men. Tanner almost got stuck in it...so I guess it didn't really cater to the Old Young Men either ;-). There was also a raffle for activity games as prizes, and we won twice! We only took one prize, but seriously, I never win anything, so it must be Tanner's luck. I'm glad I married him! Once all the parents' eyes who have children under the age of 4 began to glaze over, they announced that we would head outside for the Trunk-Or-Treating portion of the evening. This ended up being my favorite part of the night, and not because Clark scored some good candy, but because Clark was adorable going from car to car politely saying "Trick or Treat!" and then when he would get his candy given to him in his awesome vintage Target plastic bag, he would always say "THANK YOU!" It's nice to know that some things sink in, even if tomorrow it starts to drain out again. It was a fun night...and yes, Tanner and I totally stole candy from Clark after he went to bed.

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

I had to blow up that last picture. Chez! Your hair is getting so long. You look adorable. And so do your kids! And I don't want to forget Tanner either...handsome as always.

The Birches said...

Looking at that picture of Clark on his pumpkin costume brought back memories of you guys coming over and Bella trying to attack Clark! hahahha Your boys are so cute!!!! Miss you guys

Mama said...

I want to eat those babies! (Uhh, not in a creepy way - in a cute, friendly way wherein I don't actually dismember or digest them....oh - you know what I meant!)

SMOOCH THEM FOR ME!