Monday, July 4, 2011

The Big 3-0

IMG_3390

I am not a big birthday person. A lot of times I feel like there is a lot of build up and then the actual day doesn't always live up to the hype. Maybe it is because I was born on the 4th of July. I mean, let's be honest, the U.S.A.'s birthday is ALWAYS going to be cooler than mine. I love that I am born on that day. I love that everyone gets to have a party and that it's a patriotic one at that. This year, we were able to spend it with some new friends of ours, the Dettmans. They moved here just before summer hit and have 5 kids. They have boys the same age as Clark and Andrew, so it's pretty great. We went swimming and had great food and just had fun being with friends and fellow Americans. After we got home we did some sparklers. Happy Birthday U.S.A. and happy birthday to me!

IMG_3388IMG_3412

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! Who took that picture of your family? It is one of the most amazing pictures of it's time. I bet whoever took it is the coolest person on the planet. Or at least in the county of Indonesia.

Heeheehee.

adventure knitter said...

Happy birthday Cherylyn! And welcome back to the blogging world...

Heather said...

It's very interesting celebrating the 4th in another country, huh? I remember on my mission our big celebration included eating nasty hot dogs from 7-11 for lunch and standing on our chairs to sing the national anthem and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. It was some party!