Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy, Crawling Girl

With all of our kids, I have felt like they were all pretty good and happy babies.  My parents have always told me that I was their "happy baby", but I always wondered if it was because I was the youngest and their memories of me were the best.  After I gave birth to Scarlett, it seemed like she was a pretty content little thing from the get-go.  I felt like the Lord had really blessed her and me because she was so easy during the transition from the U.S. to Japan over the Summer and Fall.  Now that she is going on 7 1/2 months, I just can't get over what a happy baby she is.  It takes almost no effort at all to get a smile from her.  For the first 6 months, when I would go lay her down for bed, she would tuck her little arms underneath her body and she would almost never cry.  She is a lot more active now, so sometimes it takes her a little while to relax to go to sleep, but even still, she is a really good sleeper.  A lot of people that meet her and hold her always seem to say afterwards, "she is just a really happy baby, isn't she?"  I can tell she is going to be really social and she seems to really enjoy interacting with anyone and everyone around her.  All my kids have pretty much been that way.

Scarlett loves her brothers and sister, and when the boys get home from school and she sees them, she likes to rapidly start kicking her legs out of her sheer excitement.  She just started crawling and she seems pretty determined to get it down so that she can start exploring more.  Her personality reminds me a lot of Clark's at this age.  We all love her to pieces, even when she spits up all down the front of her AND me.  Twice.

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

And now you know about happy babies too!

Vonae said...

Oh, so cute!! Thanks for sharing it.

Heather said...

She is so sweet! I am encouraged by your feelings on baby 4. We are expecting our fourth in June. It's a girl! Esther is so excited to finally be getting a sister after two brothers!

Japan? Wow, you guys are just hopping all over the globe!