Saturday, June 9, 2007

Rare Finds

I began packing this week for our move to Florida. Yes, I know, it is still about two months away, but I really want to be organized and not just chuck a bunch of stuff in boxes and not know where anything is once we move. I amassed quite a large pile marked for goodwill/DI/whatever you call it. Our DI is right down the street and is called the DAV (Disabled Army Veterans). I decided to go drop of my first of many piles, and as I was doing so, I noticed some furniture that they had placed on the outside curb. I walked over and saw this wooden high chair. It seemed to be an exact replica of the high chair that my parents used for us girls, and still have that the grandkids sometimes use. The worker outside came over to me as I was gawking at it and said, would you like to know the price? I said "Oh sure"...thinking it would be at least $40. He said $2.99. I looked at him and said "$2.99 as in 2 dollars and 99 cents?" He said "Yeah, I looked at it myself...you can't find wooden high chairs anymore and I thought it was pretty cool". I said "I'LL TAKE IT!" I was so excited I could barely contain myself. We never bought a high chair for Clark because we lived in Florida when he really needed one and we used my parents' wooden one. When we got back from Florida, we just bought a chair that sits on top of a regular chair so he could eat at the table with us. I ran home, got Tanner and Clark and we came back and picked up the chair. While we were doing that, Tanner noticed a water ski that had been dropped off. He asked the worker how much that was and she said $7. Tanner said "I'LL TAKE IT!" As it turns out, it is a womens ski. YAY FOR ME! Tanner was a little disappointed, but hey, it's a ski! I can't wait to try it out in a couple of months!!

I am finally up to date on my blog! Please see 5 new posts below from the end of May!

4 comments:

nanamoo said...

obviously whoever used this high chair was a lot easier on it that you three girls...it's beauty!

cool ski too!

Melanie said...

Amazing dude, I'm so jealous of your good deals. :)

Steph said...

Love the high chair!

Tricia said...

Dude, you scored on that high chair. I'm jealous.