Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Who's Busy??

I must admit that the last 2 months of my life have been pretty relaxed. I didn't know the meaning of the word busy, and I lived it up as much as possible. I am still getting over the non- busy hangover because I have trouble looking alive before 9am in the morning. However, 'someone' thought it was time for me to stop being lazy and get off my duff and actually do something productive. So, I got called to be a counselor in the Relief Society in our ward at church. The same ward that we moved into less than two months ago, and yes, the same ward that after 3 weeks, I think I could remember maybe 3 names of other women. Thankfully, the other women in the presidency have been in the ward for a long time, and they have been really great in helping me get to know people and the area better. Of course, when it rains, it pours, and Clark, after never needing a sick child visit to the doctor has now had two in 3 weeks and has been on Amoxicillan for almost 20 days straight. This is how last week went:

Sunday: Welfare meeting at church 7:45 in the AM...no one should have to get up that early on a Sunday, even though my dad has been doing it for half his life.
Monday: Dr. Appointment where we found out we were having a boy...and then off to a Visiting Teaching appointment and then massive grocery shopping.
Tuesday: Went to the pool with friends from church, made dinner for the missionaries, got ready for missionary correlation meeting, but it ended up being canceled. I ended up making 3 dinners that night, which I won't explain further except that I am lame when it comes to making meals.
Wednesday: It was actually kind of a slow day...so I at least was able to pick up my mess of a house and treat Clark like my actual son instead of a piece of luggage to be carted around.
Thursday: Relief Society Presidency meeting 10am-1pm. Yeah, it was long but there was lots to discuss...Clark begins constant whine. Clark doesn't take a nap which is unheard of for him...and continues the constant whine, even through Elmo, which means there is definitely something wrong. I finally decide something is wrong about 5 minutes after my doctor's office closes and instead I get to go to Urgent Care, where Clark proceeds to run around happily like nothing is wrong. But something is wrong, and after 2 hours, we walk out with a diagnosis of a severe ear infection and a prescription for antibiotics. My mommy comes to stay with us that night so she doesn't have to wake up as early to go pick up my dad from the airport.
Friday: I go with my mom to pick up my dad, and we have a blast at the mall and going to lunch together...definitely a highlight of my week. I had to hurry back to babysit for a friend in the ward for a couple of hours.
Saturday: Prepare a talk for church on Sunday. Make dinner for my other visiting teachee who had a baby this week. Go straight from her house to the church where we set up for social hour before the Relief Society broadcast.
Sunday: Give our talks in sacrament meeting. Thankfully, my parents were there to help with Clark.

It was a busy week and like I said before, definitely the kind that I am not used to, but better start getting used to. I know that there are many of you reading this blog who are probably thinking that this kind of schedule is your life all of the time or worse. Maybe you have more kids to deal with and/or more stuff going on that you have to juggle, and I say kudos to you, because it is not easy! But I have to say that I felt very fulfilled by the end of the week and felt like I had done a lot of good while taking appropriate time for myself and for fun. President Monson said during the Relief Society broadcast that we should "not pray for tasks to equal our abilities, but pray for abilities to equal our tasks." And then he said something about how if we do that, we would be miracles in people's lives. Being lazy isn't all it's cracked up to be...although it IS nice once in while.

5 comments:

Ashlea said...

What a productive week, and you deserve a little time to be lazy...your about to have children, not just a child.

Melody said...

Sounds like fun. Way to go! Hey, you didn't mention Tanner, did you see him? :)

Nicole said...

Ha ha! That comment from Pres Monson was EXACTLY what I heard that night. I don't remember much else to be honest. I was called as a Gospel Doctrine teacher last week and I wanted to cry...oh, wait, I did that....but I feel a little better now having read your post! My week wasn't so bad. Good luck with that, you'll be fabulous!

Tricia said...

I WANT MY MOMMY!

papasmallows said...

Nice blog Chezzzzz