Sunday, March 9, 2008

Andrew's Blessing Day

Today we blessed Andrew at church, which also happened to be our last Sunday in the ward. We were so happy that Tanner's parents could fly out from Washington to visit with us for the week and to attend the blessing. My parents and Brianna came down as well and it was a wonderful day. Tanner said some beautiful things in the blessing, but the most interesting thing was at the end when he said "Be a good example to your brothers ... umm siblings". Hmmm ... does that mean the boys are just going to keep on coming? Not that I would complain or anything, but it will be interesting to see if what he said comes to pass.
Clark was our entertainment for the evening. While sitting around chatting about whether Clark was right or left handed after observing him throwing a ball around, we realized that four of us (my mom, Tanner's mom and dad, and myself) are left handed, and Tanner, my dad, and Brianna are right handed. Us lefties, who are used to being outnumbered were pretty excited about having the majority in the room. It then became a competition to see who could get Clark to throw with his left or right hand. Clark figured this all out really quickly and was definitely milking everyone's attention for all it was worth...and we all just couldn't get enough of him.

15 comments:

Spencer said...

A few things:
ANOTHER awesome video.
Clark is hilarious.
Little Andrew is too cute.
Chez, you are a hottie.
My Three Sons round 2??

Spencer said...

sorry, that was mel...i didn't realize I'm signed in as spencer.

Tricia said...

I was a little curious about Spencer calling Chez hot.

Very cute outfit dude.

HILARIOUS video.

Andrew is NOT allowed to grow one bit more this week.

Anonymous said...

I like baby Andrew. He's cute. Clarkie would be a good brother. I hope Clarkie is left-handed like me.

Mama said...

Hey - I caught the "brothers/siblings" line and tried to catch your eye. That was random and hilarious!!

Mama said...

snicker - I just showed 3.0 the video and she said, "That's my come-over friend Clark!"

Steph said...

Cute outfits on both boys! (This is for Tanner - I did notice in the video that when Clark throws with his left hand he puts his left foot forward, not his right - which is opposite of what he would do if he was truly left-handed...)

Tanman said...

Steph, excellent observation. I agree wholeheartedly.

Heather said...

Cherylyn, you look fabulous in those pictures! And I don't hate you for it! :-)

nanamoo said...

It was such a wonderful/beautiful/fun day!

Nicole said...

hey! I thought I left a comment on here already, but I don't see it??? weird. Anyway...I'm sorta freaking out about not seeing that "surprise" post until yesterday! Holy friggin cow!

So did you know we're going to try and end up in Vienna? Maybe if we're really nice we could solicit your help in a month or two when we try to find a place??? Sounds like that's where Dave and Jen want to go too.

You look awesome Cherylyn! What an exciting whirlwind of a time for you guys. Can't wait to hear how this all "came to pass"!

Nicole said...

and ps...that video of clark falling asleep is priceless....too funny.

Rosie Posie said...

Chez,
What a great looking fam!! Let me know when you move here. We should get together. I can help you move in and get settled. I am a great helper. See you soon. (571) 312-3488

Mama said...

Some of us are waiting with baited breath (shoot - is it bated? I mean - did I just imply we have worm breath? Anyhoooo...) to see how y'all are doing. I tried your cell and it's mocking me.

I hope the rest of the move went smoothly and I passed out all your cards today. SMOOCHES!!!!

Brianna said...

Yeah that was sooooo funny when clark was so excited to here everybody scream and tell him whitch hand to throw with!!! :) Chez you did look beautiful that day:) (Are we getting another golfer in the family?)