Monday, September 7, 2009

Camping and Fishing

We went camping and fishing with our friends, the Swintons before school started for the boys. We had a great time and Clark asks almost every day now when we are going again. We made awesome foil dinners (thank you for the recipe Dan the Man), ate smores by the fire, and the kids ran around and played in the dirt a lot.(Andrew got tired of waiting for our foil dinners to cook so he plopped himself down on the picnic table and helped himself to grapes...A LOT of grapes)


(I know it's hard to tell, but it wasn't the best nights sleep I've ever had ;-)

The next morning we went fishing, and Tyler, Jenna, and I all caught a fish. The kids again loved playing in the dirt and splashing in the water.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know PETA isn't happy with you right now, don't'cha?

I'm just saying.

(Apparently Blogger isn't happy either -it's taking me forever to post this! argh)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nanamoo said...

those are great camping pics...love the clarkster's headlamp too!

Jenna said...

I think Thatcher wants to eat your fish in that picture.

Melody said...

My version of 'camping' is going to Marriott. So, I am certainly glad to see that it can be done, for real, with a smile on someone's face.

Looks like fun, and I LOVE the pic with you and the fish. Cute!

Sara said...

You're super brave to go take kids camping. Ryan is always bugging me to go but I told him he had to wait until all the kids are potty trained. So, he is taking Riley on the ward camp out this weekend and the girls are staying home, painting toe nails, and watching Dora!