Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quarterly Clarkisms (and a few Andoozies)


Reader Discretion is Advised:

04/06/10
Cherylyn: Clark, did you go potty?
Clark
: Yep I already did. There’s no more potties, see, can you hear it?
Clark
: See, no more potty.

04/13/10
Clark
: (while going peepee in the toilet) Dada, when I was at Thatcher’s house, I went peepee together with Thatcher … and we made an X!!!

Tanner: (after Andrew threw his shirt in the laundry basket) Good job Andrew!
Andrew: You wecome [sic]!
Tanner: No, you say thank you, and then I say you’re welcome.
Andrew: You wecome [sic]!

04/17/10
Clark
: Mom, I love you.
Cherylyn: I love you too babe.
Clark
: No, I love you bayba bayba.

04/18/10
Clark
: Mama!
Tanner: What?
Clark
: No, I’m asking for mama. Mama!
Tanner: What (in a girl’s voice)?
Clark
: No, I want to talk to mama.
Tanner: Why don’t you want to talk to dada, dadas are pretty cool.
Clark
: No, mama is SUPER cool!
Cherylyn: (bursts into laughter in the adjacent room)

04/23/10
Tanner: Okay Clark, its time to take a nap.
Clark
: (while bursting into tears) But Dad, that is serious for me!!

04/27/10
Clark
: (When being disciplined) Dada, don’t spank me!
Tanner: I’m not going to spank you. Why do you keep using the word "spank"?!
Tanner: (puts Clark in timeout in his room and locks the door).
Clark
: Nooo! This is like spanking me!!

04/29/10
Clark
: Dada, you’re the greatest!
Cherylyn: What am I?
Clark
: You’re the smartest!

05/03/10
(Clark’s best friend from school, Caroline, came over with her mom to drop off food. Clark peed his bed during his nap, so needless to say, we opted to leave him in his room during the visit). Afterward:
Clark
: Is Caroline still here?
Tanner: Nope, she left.
Clark
: (crying) But I wanted to see her!
Tanner: I’m sorry, but if you hadn’t peed your pants you could have.
Clark
: (crying) But I didn’t get to tell her something that I needed to!
Tanner: What?
Clark: That Jonah’s (Clark’s cousin) leg had blood on it!

05/05/10
(Clark throwing the ball with an 11-year-old at a baseball game)
Clark
: Dada, I’m throwing the ball with this guy.
Tanner: What is his name? Ask him his name.
Clark
: Hey, what’s your name?
11-year-old: Brady.
Clark
: That’s a great name!

Clark
: Mama, did you know that Audrey has three mamas?
Cherylyn: Um, no. Who?
Clark
: You, Grammy, and Tricia.
Cherylyn: Well, Tricia is Audrey’s aunt, which means she’s your aunt too.
Clark
: No, she’s my snake!

(Dad walks out of his room donning his former Boy Scout uniform)
Clark
: Cool shirt Dad!!!! It’s my favorite!!

05/11/10
(Clark crying because he was told he can’t play any more games)
Cherylyn: Clarkie, you need to stop crying.
Clark
: I can’t stop crying
Cherylyn: Why not?
Clark
: Because my heart is making me sad!
(when putting Clark down for his nap, Tanner “fixed” his heart by tickling him to make him feel better)
Clark
: Nana, guess what Dada did?! He fixed my heart so that it wasn’t sad anymore!

05/12/10
(A minute after Tanner called Baby Audrey bayba-bayba)
Clark
: Dada, Audrey is not the bayba-bayba.
Tanner: She’s not?
Clark
: Nope, she’s the baby, and I’m the bayba-bayba.

Andrew: Baby Audey [sic] is supa [sic] cute!
Tanner: Is she super cute?
Andrew: Dada, you supa [sic] cute too!

05/19/10
(after Clark pushed Andrew on the ground, he himself fell off the couch and began crying)
Tanner: Clark, that’s karma.
Clark
: (crying) Dad, that doesn’t even make sense!

Tanner: Andrew/Clark! Stop playing with your milk and drink it. Now you have milk all over your faces and clothes…. Do you see milk all over my face?
Clark
: No, I only see spices (facial hair). You have spices on your cheeks and here under your chin.

05/25/10
Tanner: (talking with Cherylyn regarding an upcoming Indonesian language test) If I got 2s on the test, I wouldn’t feel stupid.
Clark
: Hey! We … don’t … say … STUPID!
Tanner: Okay, I wouldn’t feel like a nincompoop.
Clark
: Hey! We … don’t … say … POOP!

(Clark, with a stuffy nose, crying at the dinner table)
Tanner: Clark, say the prayer.
Clark
: I can’t because my nose is grumbling!
Tanner: Its okay, just relax. Say the prayer.
Clark
: I can’t. I can’t do this (sniffs in) because my nose makes a big mess!
(2 minutes later)
Clark
: Nose, stop doing that!!

06/05/10
Andrew: grr, dada I angry with you.
Clark
: Andrew, why are you mad at dada?
Andrew: no! I angry with dada.
Clark
: Why are you angry with dada? He’s the greatest.

06/06/10
Clark
: (talking to the TV while playing a Wii game) Hey, stop that I say!

06/25/10
(When pulling out of the driveway of our new house, Clark and Andrew see a friend coming down the sidewalk, and start crying hysterically because they want to play. We, including the driver, start laughing)
Clark: Dada, that’s not a funny joke!

06/26/10
Tanner: Clark, what are you doing?
Clark
: Um, your game phone (iPod Touch) ran out of gas.

06/28/10

Tanner: Alright boys, go upstairs to bed.

Clark: But dad, this is terrible for me!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, I have too many favorites on this list. But really, I'm his snake?

Crawford Family said...

Thats it! I am getting on a plane right now. I am so jealous that chris got to spend the night with you guys. I really need some girl time with a familiar face. No worries about the cookie cutter. To be totally honest even in the states I would have no idea where to find one let a long a ginormous Asian city! So seriously now I am thinking of coming Aug 2 for maybe four days. Would you be totally sick of me? I just HAVE to have something done about this tooth and I know it will take longer then they think. I was thinking I could get a hotel the first night (because of per diem) and the boys could come swim etc. Are you busy that week? I am flexible. It just has to be done soon. I know Chris is going to come back talking about all the funny conversations he had and how much he loves tanner and you! He already said Jakarta is WAY better then he thought it would be. But I guess I will see for myself soon enough! Did he talk to you guys about Thanksgiving in Bali? I think that would be fantastic!
hugs
Kell

Vonae said...

Shane was reading this and just started to laugh. I thought that I would let you know. We are thinking of coming next summer. We'll let you know when we are really looking into it.