Monday, November 29, 2010

Bali Round Up

The last days in Bali were spent on the beach and in the pool and taking rides on the motorbikes around the area. Tanner was in charge of getting Audrey dressed in her swimsuit one morning and he brought her to me and said "Could this be right?"
(yeah, maybe if she was a wrestler!)

Sunday was Clark's birthday so we had to do a little celebrating. We had seen a Bakery near our Villa so we stopped in on Saturday to see if we could order a cake for him. They had amazing Batman cake toppers so we scored pretty big on that account. However, the actual cake tasted like moth balls, but Clark didn't seem to care since he just loved the Batman part of it all. The funny story about all this is that we had to transport this cake on the motorbikes. Kelly and I were out together but on separate motorbikes. We tried to wedge it between me and the front of the bike, but the second I tried to move, the cake fell and we thought we had completely ruined it. Luckily the frosting just smeared in a few places and we decided we had to leave one of the bikes there and go together on one and wedge the cake between the two of us and that worked. We must have been quite the site to everyone as we were busy trying to figure this all out! The beach was great, and in case you were wondering how a family of five can fit on a motorbike.....




5 comments:

Tricia said...

Look at that tan family!
Love to see Coco's bathing suit put to cute use! :)

Vonae said...

The swimming suit is something I think every dad has done. I know Shane has done that. Sometimes I wonder what my girls would look like if I wasn't around.

nanamoo said...

Glad to see the suit got turned around :)

Can't believe all of you on that bike!!!

Heather said...

Ack! You guys look just the families in Taiwan! That's how they got around - just pile everyone on the bike and off they go!

adventure knitter said...

Okay, seriously I want to come visit you guys! And I also am seriously jealous of your trip to Bali...now that's on my list...