Thursday, June 29, 2006

A House of Order

This blog is for my own personal motivational purpose.

Tanner is a clean person. If you talk to his parents, they would say that he was quite a mess during his teenage years (who wasn’t?). I am sure they are right, but I have only ever known Tanner to be organized and tidy. I am embarrassed to admit that he is a cleaner person than I am. I have had some good streaks of cleanliness, and when I do clean, I do it well…but it is something I struggle with. Last night, our mia maid activity was to clean the church. It was me and three other girls, and the bishop had specifically asked us to clean the chapel. It took the four of us a good solid hour. I vacuumed up 6 raisins, numerous glitter speckles as well as finger nail shavings (eww). While I was cleaning, I felt really good about what I was doing because I wanted the Lord’s house to be clean. I have been taught all my life about the importance of cleanliness, but mostly in a spiritual and moral sense…but last night was a deeper realization of the importance of temporal cleanliness. President Kimball said:

“Now we ask you to clean up your homes. … We urge each of you to dress and keep in a beautiful state the property that is in your hands. Whatever your circumstance, let your premises reflect orderliness, beauty, and happiness.”

After we were done, I gathered the girls together and we read D&C 88:119:

Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.

It's recommitment time. So here goes…

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Nice to see a new blog Chezbez! And, very well put...motivation for me to keep cleaning...and do it with a happier attitude. :)

Linda Carter said...

chez, your mia maids are certainly lucky to have such an awesome example in their lives..and yes, I will try to keep cleaning with a happier attitude. in fact, myself and the rest of the primary presidency have been meaning to go up to building one saturday soon and completely empty out and clean our primary cupboard, but have put it off because it is going to be such a huge job. but I will take your advice (and this scripture) to the rest of presidency and we will clean our cabinet with a happier attitude. thanks for the motivation...

nanamoo said...

I am the lucky one to have such a great mia maid advisor!