Friday, June 30, 2006

Chez the Decorator


So if you ask anyone in my immediate family about my decorating history they would say, what decorating history? When my parents first bought the birdhouse, I thought they were crazy...who would want a place that you have to drive on sand to get to and that has shag carpet and century old plumbing and fixtures? My mom had vision on how to make this place beautiful, but I certainly did not...and I even went so far as to do very little to bring her vision to pass...I think I just gave up on the place before we could even get started. Once I saw the finished product, I thought my mother and Melanie (her trusty sidekick) geniuses and I just didn't have 'the gift'. I have pretty much felt this way until this summer, when I actually helped pick out wallpaper and paint for Tricia's house (Ella can thank me later for her room :-)...and I also recalled how much I love to decorate during Christmas and other holidays. So, I think I did get something from my mom, even if it is just a smidgen of the gift, but it makes me excited to someday decorate my own house. But one thing I know for sure, it will have modern day appliances and it won't have shag carpet or a dirt driveway...that is only for the truly gifted to handle.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

i've been very impressed with you this summer! your house is going to be awesome one day! love you chezzie. :)