Friday, November 9, 2007

North Carolina (my other home)

Clark and I have gone to visit Trish and her family twice in the last month, and it has been a blast. The first time was for us to go and see So You Think You Can Dance, which you can read about on her blog...I have nothing to add to her blog since I helped her write it! The second time wasn't really planned until about a week before when her babysitter flaked out on her and she needed to find a babysitter asap to come watch her kids for two days while she went up to NYC with Dan. Enter me (and Clark), stage right. Apparently I am the go-to babysitter for the family in a time of great need (look for me in Connecticut in December!) , and I am happy to do it, until child number 2 shows his face.

I got to BE Tricia for 3 whole days, and it definitely gave me a glimpse into what my life will be like if I end up having 5 kids under the age of 7 (which is SO not going to happen...but not because it wasn't fun because it was...most of the time). I did school runs every morning and afternoon, cleaned up poopy underwear (thanks for that JB), and did homework with two kids every night, which I really enjoyed actually...but I am sure that could wear off after a while. After Carter got home from school one day, I took Clark, Bella, and JB in the red wagon, and we went and watched Carter ride on his bike with no training wheels! Go Carter! They also played in the back yard a lot, and Courtney was so nice to make sure Clark was safe on the slide.



We pretty much just had a blast. The kids also decided that they needed to pile on top of each other every night while I was making dinner, and it was just the funniest thing to watch. They each had to take turns being on the bottom.


My favorite quote from this trip was:

Carter: "Chez, I just love living on Earth!"

Don't we all?

5 comments:

Melody said...

How fun. I am sure that you loved every minute but were VERY happy to see Trisha come home. You are a great sister. I need one like you...

nanamoo said...

I do!

Melanie said...

I'm so lucky to have a sister like you! See you in LESS THAN 2 weeks!

Nicole said...

Way to go Cherylyn! I think it's funny sometimes that I think my third will mean I have SO many kids...and then I see my siblings (and yours) with double that amount and I just wonder, "how in the world?" Glad you survived!

Erika @ Andover ClOthing said...

Hey, not that you don't keep up to date on my blog, but email me your mailing address so I can send you a Christmas card!
erika underscore pike at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!