Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving in Washington

This year we were able to fly out to Washington to see Tanner's family for Thanksgiving! The 5 hour+ flight from our layover in Atlanta to Portland wasn't my idea of fun (or Tanner's and Clark's for that matter), but we knew we would have fun once we got there! While Washington is definitely colder than Florida, it was actually pretty mild with temperatures in the upper 40s most days. The real benefit was that it wasn't cloudy and rainy the whole time, which is always a good thing!

On Sunday, Grandma Nielson was able to come over for dinner and it was great to see her and talk to her. She was so cute with Clark and the rest of the kids and she was especially excited that she is getting two more great-grandkids this coming year.
The little cousins had a blast playing with eachother and with all of Grandma's toys and the Nielson boys even managed to break out the bouncy castle for all the little kids. Clark loved it, and clearly didn't care about the cold weather. Clark also took a particular liking to Emily who is Heath and Stephanie's oldest. He would go and grab her hand and make her go wherever he wanted. She was such a good sport about it, and I have never seen him latch onto another kid like that. Tanner's mom did a fantastic job preparing Thanksgiving, and she let me make the rolls my mom always tasks me to do every year, and I also got to do an apple pie! I really don't consider myself an avid cook or baker, so I have to post my successes in this area whenever they come along for posterity sake. Whenever we visit Tanner's parents, all my meals are supplemented with homemade fudge and rolls. I can pack it down, just ask Tanner's mom. She saw me continously cutting pieces off to eat while we were having girl chat one day. That stuff is yum.

Tanner's mom is also very cute with all of the kids and did such a cute job with family home evening and doing chocolate turkeys on Thanksgiving with them. Clark loved it...shocker there.
The food was great, the company was great...what more could you ask for on Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Missy White said...

Just reading your blog enabled me to enjoy Thanksgiving all over again. Thanks for all your help and company. Your rolls were so yummy and the apple pie was blue ribbon perfect. Clark is a doll! Thanks for making the effort to come for a visit.(the long trip both ways!)

Heath said...

The apple pie *was* good!

nanamoo said...

The pie looks picture perfect!