Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cherry Blossoms!


Today my friend Jenna and I decided to take our boys downtown to see the Cherry Blossoms. We had so much fun! It was a beautiful day and the trees and flowers were amazing! We walked around the Potomac basin and also stopped off at the FDR memorial which I had never been to but was actually really cool. Then we walked over to the mall (it was further than it looked!) and had a picnic and the boys got to play some more. On the way we also happened by the "Tulip Library" which was really pretty. The boys loved running in between all the beds like it was a maze. Jenna and I kept talking about how today felt like the first day out after a long winter. We all came home exhausted from the fun, and my two boys both had some rosy sun kissed cheeks tonight. I love it here.





4 comments:

nanamoo said...

Wow...that is amazing. It looks like you guys are superimposed on those scenic shots. Love it!

Steph said...

I'm jealous! That was always one of my favorite places to go in the spring!

The Birches said...

Ahhh that's so pretty!!! I miss the East Coast so much you have no idea! :) You look great by the way! :)

adventure knitter said...

i've wanted to do this every year...but do i ever go down and check it out?? nope. oh well...maybe next year. hey, we should get together soon! tyler's done with school the end of the month, so maybe sometime in the first couple weeks of may??