Friday, March 1, 2013

Dancing Girl


 

 

When I was little, I lived in my bathing suit.  I actually remember going on errands with my dad in my bathing suit.  I remember thinking that if I dressed in my bathing suit in the morning then at some point that would mean I would HAVE to go swimming...which was my purpose all along...not to mention the time I would save not having to get undressed from regular clothes into my bathing suit.  I was all about efficiency back then.  ;-)

Fast forward 28 years, and now I have a daughter who is 2 going on 3, and guess what, she is all about efficiency too!  She pretty much demands to wear her "dancing dress" every morning complete with her ballet shoes.  Princess crown is optional.  I know she is thinking, "If I get dressed like this, it means I am going to get to dance all day long!"  She is also very particular about making sure the little elastic ties on her ballet slippers stay in a bow...all the time...and I am here to tell you, those things come untied...all the time.  She prances down the stairs, puts on the 12 Dancing Princesses Barbie movie (not a huge fan of barbie, but I am a fan of this movie, mostly because of the classical music).  She has the beginning memorized and pretty much copies the ballet moves as they happen on the screen.  She tells me that I have to come dance with her, but a lot of times when I do, she proceeds to correct my every move.  "No no Mom, not that way...thiiiiiiiiiis way."

I always told my mom that if I had a girl, I would make her be a tomboy like I was, and I would make sure that she was dressed in track suits every day.  *Cue look of horror on my mom's face*.  And maybe if she had come first in the family, I might have done that, but after two boys, I was ready for my own little princessy, pink skirt twirling, crown wearing, dancing girl.  Thank goodness that is what I got.  I am starting her in ballet class beginning next week.

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

It was a Fast Forward of 28 years, I can tell you for sure. I can also tell you that as long as that track suit had fake diamond studs on it you were good to go ;) There must have been some girly in there somewhere.

I was only disappointed that You are not starting ballet lessons next week, as well!

Vonae said...

Oh- she is so CUTE!!! I wish that Shane would let the girls dance. :( Please let us know how the first lesson goes. Her hair is getting so long!!!!!! I can't wait to see you this summer.

Anonymous said...

does she do nakedlap dances?