Monday, March 27, 2006

The well adjusted child

Everytime Clark goes down for a nap or for bed, he ALWAYS wakes up crying...and it's not just like a weak wah, come and get me, I'm hungry cry....it's usually a HURRY HURRY I MIGHT DIE FROM STARVATION cry. I have been waiting for the day when my child would wake up and I would walk into his room and find him cooing to himself...but to no avail. I hate all those know-it-all parenting books that say if your child does this, it means you have a happy and 'well adjusted' child, and I think, what does that even mean?! They have no idea what they are talking about! I bet these doctors don't even have their own children!!

...and then, this morning, it happened. I walked in and found Clark laying on his tummy, eyes wide open, sucking his thumb and making goo noises. I love that my child is so happy and well adjusted...it's true, ALL the parenting books say so and they are SO right. :-)

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

LOL...LOL...LOL

Melanie said...

LOL...absolutely (dude, he is so cute!)

Tricia said...

awesome! and soooo true.