Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pennsylvania: Day 1

You may or may not recall that last year, my very first blog posts were from our Spring Break trip to Boston. I cannot believe it has been a year, but all I have to do is look at those pictures and see how small Clark used to be to know that a lot of time has passed.

This year, we decided to go up to Pennsylvania. We had visited Pittsburgh on our way to Virginia when we moved here, but had not seen the eastern half of the state. Our first day, we visited Hershey and then drove around Amish country near Lancaster. It was a beautiful day, and while our stop in Hershey was short, we breathed in the chocolate air as much as we could! We were so glad it was such a nice day because it meant the Amish were out and about town. I could not get enough of seeing the Amish children. They were adorable, especially the little Amish boys in their overalls and hats. I would seriously think about dressing Clark up like that except that I know he would hate me for it later. The little girls were out in the yard playing stick ball and giggling. We tried not to stare, but it was such beautiful countryside and beautiful people. They don't like their picture taken, so we respected that and only took a picture of the back of a buggy we saw on the road. My personal favorite was seeing a woman driving her buggy with her new baby sitting next to her in a brand new Graco carseat. They have no rubber wheels on their buggies, but she has a new Graco carseat! Love it.

1 comment:

nanamoo said...

i enjoyed reading about your adventure and remembering ours!