Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Top Twelve Reasons...

Why I LOVE Tricia's house (I thought of two more than Ten and didn't want to cut any of them out):

12) Having girls night out with Tricia, Courtney, Bella, myself...and Clark. And sleeping in the big bed with Tricia and Courtney while the boys were at Father's and Sons.

11) Seeing Tricia totally defend my child to the manager at The Children's Place. It's a long story that can only be told effectively out loud, but it was great. Oh, where was I in this story? Hiding outside with the rest of the kids while she confronted the worker. Seriously, don't mess with Trish. I'm glad she is on my side.

10) Junk food...Ahoy fruit, Doritos, Cupcakes, M&Ms, Butterfingers, Crunch Bars, and Babe Ruth's...take your pick. But what about those elusive 100 grand bars? Tricia, any comment?

9) Getting to see Dan a.k.a. The Cleaning Machine in action. When I wouldn't allow him to help me with dinner one night, he decided to break out the Floormate and clean the hardwood kitchen floor all around me. I guess he decided that if I wasn't going to let him help me, he was going to box me in around the stove with wet floor. Still, I have to say the floors looked magnifico Dan!

8) Playing the "I know more characters than you from Star Wars" game with Carter and Courtney. Yeah, I lost. I even came up with Jar Jar Binks and they still beat me with some random Wookie name!

7) Playing and getting beat by Carter in Wii bowling AND baseball. And you might just chalk it up to the fact that I am pathetic at those games, but seriously, Carter is ridiculously good.

6) Bella groovin' from side to side with a big ol' smile on her face.

5) Spending time in ALL the rooms that my mom and I wallpapered.

4) Getting some kind of makeover. It's usually a haircut, and it gets shorter every time I go. I like it more and more, but Tanner is worried I will come home bald after another visit. But I am just glad I have a free personal stylist anytime I need one.

3) Getting to be part of the mile a minute action that is Tricia's life. All I can say is that I am glad she has a sweet ride, because she spends a lot of time in that car.

2) The fact that Melanie STILL calls to hang out with us on the phone even though she is totally sad she can't be there in person. We were sad too!

1) Wii. Staying up with Dan and Tricia until 1 or 2am playing Darts and a running, skipping, and jumping game was definitely a highlight. The Wii told Tricia and I that we are BFF, as if we didn't know that already! I have to say my dart playing was pretty awesome. However, Dan and Tricia hit a new record low (or high depending on how you look at it) with their respective Wii fitness ages.


As you can see, they weren't excited about it at all.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

LOL, that was a great post. I smiled the whole way through it. (If Carter and Cork beat you in that star wars game, i can't imagine how bad the beating would be with me.)

nanamoo said...

loved the one about the hair...laughed all the way through, however

Tricia said...

Only 12?! ;)