Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spa Day!

So they announced in church that the Relief Society was doing their monthly spa day this week (I know..awesome right?). I wasn't planning on going just because I don't have anyone to watch my kids yet and then after we found out that we are moving to our house tomorrow, I figured I would be getting everything pack up again and ready to move today. But my friend convinced me otherwise and once again offered up her maid to watch the boys. Audrey would get to come along with the girls. Boy was I glad I went. I needed it bad and IT WAS AWESOME. My friend signed me up for a manicure, pedicure, and a cream bath. The cream bath was actually the best part. They wash your hair in a moisturizing cream and give your head a massage and then your neck and then your shoulders...for 90 minutes. The manicure and pedicure also included a massage of arms and lower legs so I pretty much got a full on massage plus a manicure and pedicure. There were 6 of us and one of my friends brought her two cute daughters to get manicures and pedicures too! They sat us in a big circle so we could all talk and there were about a dozen ladies working on all of us. At one point I had three ladies working on me...all while I was nursing Audrey. It was hilarious. We had a great time chatting and we ended up being there about 2 hours. I promise if you come visit me, we will go there and it will be my treat! The icing on the cake is that the cost for the two hours of bliss plus beautiful nails, toes, and hair is....drum roll please....

~$25...and that includes tax.

Not kidding.

Here is my receipt to prove.Notice it is a whopping $10 for a manicure AND pedicure.

Have I convinced you to come yet? Who cares about how much a plane ticket costs when you can get a mani and pedi for $10 ladies! :-)

7 comments:

nanamoo said...

I LoVe it that your RS has a Spa Day once a month!!!

jean13i said...

Now this is your best idea yet for the next girls' night out in Indonesia. I'll see if Mike's okay with watching the kids for a few weeks and I'm there.

Glad everything's going well on your new adventure. We miss you!

Joy said...

I want to live where you live!!

Vonae said...

That is awesome! For my birthday my friend and I went to the spa and got stone massages. It was the best 90 minutes ever! But- here is my drum roll... $120.00. So- I won't be doing that very often!!! I'm glad that you have friends around you to convince you to go. If we do come I'll take you up on the spa day.

adventure knitter said...

sweeeeeeet!

Erika @ Andover ClOthing said...

That is amazing. I was getting jealous, and then I was thinking about how I don't do well traveling/living abroad/etc... so I guess I'll just have to forgo the spa day/pay more!
I'm loving the updates, thanks :)

Melody said...

I think you might need to treat yourself to that once a week, not once a month!... ;)