Tuesday, September 21, 2010

8 is Great!

Today is our 8th Anniversary! It's funny because it feels like it has gone so fast, but then when I start tallying up all the happenings over the last eight years it feels like we've been together for an eternity. Over the last couple of years it has started to feel like there has been no B.T (before Tanner) life. I liked my B.T. life, but I love my A.T. life.

Since September 21, 2002 we have:
  • Moved houses 7 times (average of almost once a year! Ridiculous!)--U-hauled it 5 times!
  • Lived in 3 different states and 1 different country besides U.S. (Utah, Virginia, Florida, and Indonesia)
  • Visited on vacation or lived in the following interesting cities: Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, San Diego, Tijuana (MEX), Denver, Topeka (not sure about interesting, but I'll throw it in there), Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Boston, Williamsburg (VA), Yorktown (VA), Charlottesville (VA), Valley Forge (PA), Outer Banks (NC), Charlotte (NC), Richmond (VA), Washington D.C., Baltimore, Annapolis, Hershey (PA), Lancaster (PA), New York, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Seattle, Portland (OR), Boise (What up Mel!), St. George (UT) (must include, it's where we were married), Jakarta (Indonesia) (lots more to come in SE Asia).
  • Gave birth to three children in the last 4 1/2 years. I have spent almost exactly the same amount of time (4 1/2 yrs) either pregnant or nursing...still counting.
  • Tanner graduated from 2 Universities and had 3 full time jobs since graduation! Yikes! Love you honey. :-)
  • We have been put under general anesthesia 6 times combined...now that's a yikes. (2 for me, 4 for Tanner). Hey at least only half were for what I would consider somewhat serious or life threatening. Tanner went under 3 times for injections to try to fix his back...unsuccessfully I might add...which resulted in the 4th microdysectomy surgery. Also of interesting note, Tanner has had more epidurals than I have!
  • We have held over 20+ callings in the church combined
  • Been members of the same NFL Fantasy Football League for 4 years running, and I have won the NCAA tournament bracket twice...Tanner none. Whoop Whoop!
  • I have never beaten Tanner in a full Tennis match...ever. :-( (new year's resolution 2011 anyone? I only make meaningful resolutions).
  • And I only just found out this last year what Tanner's favorite dessert is. It's Cherry Pie for all of you who are interested. I don't know how I didn't know for 7 years, but there it is.
That's all I can think of at the moment, although we are sure to come up with some more tonight while we are at dinner. Suffice it to say...I love our life. See below for anniversary pictures throughout the years. I don't have a picture from last year. I remember we went to Maggiano's and the food was terrible, and let's just say it wasn't the greatest anniversary...we may have even fought. Oh, the horror! :-) I don't have one from 2005 either...maybe it was because I was 7 months preggers? Oh, and all I have to say about my hair is YIKES!

(2003)

(2004-Tanner totally dressed up)

(2006)

(2007)

(2008)


5 comments:

Tricia said...

As long as only 1/2 those surgeries were life threatening....

(Seriously yo. Knock that off.)

Happy Anniversary!

nanamoo said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you guys!

Vonae said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great 8 years. We loved the pictures!!

jean13i said...

Congratulations on the Lucky 8! What a great summary of an action-packed eight years.

Miss you!

Melody said...

Congratulations!