Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This One's For You Mom

Okay Mom...so I know you don't have anything better to do but sit on the couch and read blogs now that you have a broken arm ;-)...SO....I went around our house and took pictures of all the shrubbery and flowers that looked interesting to me. Of course I don't know the names of any of them, but I would like to, so here is your "What is this plant/flower?" quiz!


(didn't we have a version of these that were orange at the Claremont House?)--I think they are named for a bird right?

(funky yet interesting!)

(I think these are both a plant and a tree? You had the red version of them in the front yard at the birdhouse one summer)

(smells super good)

(how cool looking are these??!!!)
(these are blossoms on a plant hedge going around the back of our house)

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Bird of paradise yo.

Smells super good looks like some kind of a plumeria to me.

adventure knitter said...

The third picture is a bird of paradise, the fifth looks like cana lillies to me (pretty sure....), and the sixth is plumeria! what pretty flowers! we have some really pretty ones around our yard too. i keep thinking we need to plant some bird of paradise...and i just found out that i have a banana tree in my backyard! now i just hope we'll actually get bananas on it!

nanamoo said...

1. looks like a pink plumeria...does it smell nice?
2. yellow ginger (maybe tumeric, ask Siti)
3. rare bird of paradise...gorgeous
4. looks like some kind of petunia to me, spider petunia?, lol
5. canna lily
6. traditional plumeria, think Hawaiian leis
7. lobster claw lily
8. no ideas on this one

Melanie said...

cool flowers dude.