Tuesday, September 28, 2010

To My Sisters...

Seriously, you all know what to get for me (and by extension Audrey) this Christmas.

You got me all the episodes on VHS a number of years ago on Ebay, and from what I recall, it was a somewhat pricey gift at the time. I did actually watch most of them. It's time for an upgrade ladies.

If you would be so kind.

I'll take the action figure too...and if they have Swiftwind to go with it, all the better.

Think about Audrey...it's really for her.

I promise.

Whenever I am reminiscing on my childhood with girlfriends and they talk about how many Barbies they had, and I mention that I didn't have a one, they look at me incredulously and say "You had NO Barbies?!!"

Who needs Barbie, when you could have She-Ra?

Barbie is a poor woman's She-Ra. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

Not only that, She-Ra and I are so similar...let me count the ways:

1) She has long flowing blonde hair (me. At age 8)
2) Her name was She-Ra. (me. Hello? My name is Cherylyn! Practically identical!)
3) She lived in a rainbow shimmery castle, she could ride AND fly on her unicorn, she could travel to different places by walking through sparkley portals, and she had the coolest get-up around...not to mention sexy, but who cares? (I didn't and don't) It was all about functionality...how else could she run unless her skirt was that short? (me also...in my 8 year old...okay I admit it, AND sometimes 29 year old dreams)

Oh, and...

You didn't really think I named my daughter Audrey just because I liked the name did you?

Audrey....Adora....

Okay, just kidding. But seriously you have to admit, it is kind of awesome.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I loved that show! A couple of years ago we checked out the She-ra and He-man movies at our library and enjoyed watching them with the kids! Kyle couldn't understand why they weren't still selling He-man toys in the stores.

nanamoo said...

Your posts are so hilarious! Love it!!!