Friday, January 7, 2011

Bombarded


Well, luckily we got through Christmas mostly unscathed by sickness although Andrew has been sick pretty much for the last two months straight with ear infections and viruses. Clark had 3 weeks off of school and I had these big plans for this last week to take the kids to do some fun things, and then Audrey got pink eye the end of last week, so we were all pretty much quarantined at the house while we fought that off. Then as soon as she started to clear up, Andrew went down with his second throat virus in a month. This time it was hand, foot, and mouth, so once again, we have all been pretty much chillin' at home together. Andrew has such a difficult time fighting these throat infections and he gets at least 2 or 3 a year and they are just awful and hang around FOREVER. I would really love to have his adenoids removed in the hopes that he can have more of a reprieve from sicknesses but doctors are so anti these days about doing it. The doctor here says that if they were bacterial infections then yeah maybe, but they are viruses so chances they would recommend it are pretty much nil. However, clearly it is THE weak spot for him (as it was for me) in his body and I just would rather get rid of them. Anyway, for now, motrin is my best friend and Clark goes back to school on Monday. Hallelujah. There is one silver lining. With all the time we have spent in the house the last two weeks, Andrew became potty trained! Is it bad that I potty trained my kid while he was down and out dealing with a 102 temperature pretty much non-stop? One night Tanner and I were in bed reading and all the sudden we heard the light flip on in the boys bathroom and suddenly a steady tinkle noise. We couldn't believe it! We love Clark, but the dude is 5 and I still have to wake him up every night and take him to the bathroom, so to hear Andrew doing it already is WELCOME relief.

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

You know I love that picture with the record player :)

Vonae said...

I'm sorry to hear that your house is fighting sickness. On the other hand very happy to hear that Andrew is potty trained. One less kid to change is a big deal! Good job!!!

Crawford Family said...

Wait, the door is unlocked now :) That is pretty awesome of Andrew (the pee part not the sick part) what is ironic is they took out my Adenoids but left my tonsils so I get strep constantly. I teased chris that getting tonsils out was going to be my "elective" surgery. I hope everyone is better soon!