Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mom, Look What I Made!

So, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas, and Tanner got me a great one! Thanks to my sister-in-law Steph who sent me some small dress patterns, I decided my first sewing project would be a dress for Audrey. I think it was a little ambitious, but I did learn A LOT! It took me five full evenings to do, and I am really happy with how it turned out. Honestly, I would have been happy as long as Audrey could actually fit in it, but I was able to figure out how to put on a zipper (woohoo!) and actually do the dress with lining! My next project is just going to be a simple skirt for me, but there really is something about creating a piece of wearable clothing from just a piece of fabric that is so fulfilling! When I was working on it one night and my sister called on Skype and saw me on the video sitting in front of the sewing machine, her first words were “What has happened to you?” I’m not really sure, but I do like it!

New Uploads 163

New Uploads 165

New Uploads 166

(My favorite part of the dress…I love the sleeves)

8 comments:

Tricia said...

It looks even cuter on these pics than it did on skype!

Steph said...

Very cute! I'm impressed! I don't like zippers either, but my least favorite thing to sew are buttonholes & buttons...

BTW - The smaller the person you are sewing for, the harder the project is. It's just hard sometimes to do these tiny seams and work on such small details!

Jenn said...

Cher,

I'm impressed, this is so adorable, and you did a great job!! Way to go girl. I need to call you. I'll call soon. Hope you guys are well. It looks like you've had some fun adventures!

Love ya.

nanamoo said...

That is the cutest little dress EVER! on the cutest little girl too :) You are amazing! And could you make me a matching one?

Jenna said...

can't believe you are actually sewing! i do love that dress, what pattern was it, maybe i'll make one for avery?

Vonae said...

Very Nice! It looks great on her! The zipper is always one of my favorites to do. NOT!

Erika @ Andover ClOthing said...

So cute! That is amazing. I, too, love those sleeves!

Heather said...

Wow!!! Good for you! I do straight lines on the sewing machine - curtains, pillows, hems, etc. but that's about as ambitious as I've gotten. At least without my mom supervising every step of the way. Keep up the good work!