Saturday, January 1, 2011

Quarterly Clarkisms and Andoozies

10/9/10

Tanner: Andrew, did you have fun today?
Andrew: Yep.
Tanner: Were you a good boy?
Andrew: Yep.
Tanner: Did you make good choices?
Andrew: Nope.
Tanner: Why not.
Andrew: Because Clark stupid!
(Cherylyn later clarified that what Andrew meant was that he had made a bad choice earlier in the day by calling Clark stupid)

10/11//10
(Andrew bursts into the bathroom naked while Clark is in the shower)
Tanner: Andrew, get out!
Cherylyn: Can’t Andrew come in?
Tanner: Nope, its Clark’s turn and Andrew’s letting all the hot air out.
(Andrew exits and closes the door)
Andrew: Mom, dada’s the bad guy!

10/23/10
Clark: Mom, dad, when you have too many birthdays you might become 100 years old, and then you’ll have to be outside and get struck by lightning.

Clark
: Dada, when I was two years old, I made bad choices.
Tanner: Are you taking a trip down memory lane?
Clark: (with a distant expression) Yeah … I remember that.

10/31/10
(Clark: After going poop)
Clark: I just had a really, really, really, really, big poop.
Clark: And we need to flush it because its digsgusting.
Clark: And we never like to eat poop.
Andrew: Yeah, disgust!

11/02/10
(Andrew, after being told it is unacceptable to say no to mom and dad)
Cherylyn: Andrew, go clean up or I’ll need to take some of your Halloween candy away.
Andrew: No!
Cherylyn: (glare)
Andrew: We don’t say no mom. We only say yes to you (quickly scurries off).

12/8/10

Clark
: You know guys, I listen to you too much, now it’s your turn to listen to me.

Clark: My peepee is sticking to my leg.

12/11/10

(Cherylyn eating lunch at the table in her underwear because she spilled ketchup on her pants)
Clark: Mom is that your underwear that you’re wearing?
Cherylyn: Yeah.
Clark: Why did you take off your pants and let everyone see your underwear?
Cherylyn: Because when I shook the ketchup, some spilled out on my pants … but I should probably put new pants on huh?
Clark: Yeah, you should go.
(Cherylyn sheepishly leaves the dining room to get new pants)

12/23/10

(During a conversation between Clark and our friend Katie after a Christmas dinner)
Katie: Clark, were you a good boy this year for Santa Claus?
Clark: I made some bad choices, but it’s okay because Santa Claus didn’t see.

12/24/10

(During a Christmas Eve presentation on the Christmas Story)
Cherylyn: Clark, do you know who Mary is?
Clark: Yeah, that’s Jesus’s mom.
Tanner: And who is Joseph?
Clark: That’s Jesus’s dad.
Cherylyn: …. And Mary’s husband, just like daddy is my husband.
Clark: Yeah, and I’m baby Jesus.

12/25/10

(After opening a sword for Christmas and raising it above his head like He-Man):
Andrew: By the power of PRESCHOOL (instead of Grayskull)!!!

12/26/10

Cherylyn: Clark, did you have fun on Christmas?
Clark: Yeah, Santa Claus is the best guy there ever was.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

The power of preschool. I love it!

nanamoo said...

Cute picture of the kids at Christmas!