Monday, July 31, 2006

Down Dog!

While we were in North Carolina, Clark was taking lessons from his cousin Elliot on crawling. He started moving his body around trying to get from one place to another. My favorite thing he has done is what I call "Down Dog". When I first saw him do it, and I said "hey, he is doing down dog", my family looked at me all weird and said "What the heck is that?"

I have to back up here...my sister Melanie has told me that she is amazed by how much useless information I have stored in the recesses of my brain only to have it surface during really critical times like while playing trivial pursuit. So, naturally I feel the need to point out when my useless information actual IS useful...like in this instance. Down Dog is a Yoga position...I do not know how I know this since I do not do Yoga, but I picked it up somewhere and stored in neatly away in my brain, and as a result, I was able to immediately identify the new skill my child had just performed! Clark has since began scooting his away across the entire downstairs of the birdhouse (Note: I say scooting and not crawling because he hasn't been able to get his big belly off the floor yet), and can go from laying on his stomach to sitting up, and he usually manages a down dog in there somewhere. Clark is on the move!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You and Spencer with your "useless" information...keeping life so interesting. I love down dog.

Steph said...

Now the fun really begins - time to baby proof everything!

nanamoo said...

love the down dog...i saw it again today!