Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Autumn in Virginia

It has been wonderful living in Virginia this year and seeing all of the beautiful seasonal changes take place.  While Florida will always have a special place in my heart, I think I prefer living where there are seasons.  It makes me feel like things are changing around me so it helps me not get stuck into a same old routine day after day after day.  I love that I get to look out my front window and see the adorable white church across the street and look out my back window and see the beautiful color changes in the forest behind our house.  I love that we are visited by a family of deer in our yard frequently, and I love that our neighbors next door own two horses that are in a fenced pasture right next to our house.  I love that I feel like I live out in the country and then can get on the metro down the street or drive in my car and be in downtown DC in 25 minutes.  It is the best of both worlds.  My friend Allison took pictures of my boys a few weeks ago when the leaves were at their peak, and I just love them.  With the weather and wind from this last week, the last of the leaves are falling off the trees and the highs are not getting above the 30s this week.  Winter feels right around the corner, if not already here.  As I was picking Clark up at our friend's house today, it started to snow...for about 30 minutes, and then it was gone.  Change is in the air.  





7 comments:

nanamoo said...

I am so glad you posted those pictures. You really do live in a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful I can't stand it!!!!

Melody said...

Those are really cute pictures with REALLY cute kids in them! :)

Vonae said...

Wow- those two boys look more and more alike as the days go by. I really hope that we can meet Andrew soon. Clark is growing up.

adventure knitter said...

cute pictures! watch out for ticks in leaves though...my girls played in the leaves in our yard and I found a tick on Mia the next day! GROSS! who knew I needed to strip them down and check for ticks after playing in my front yard.

Megan said...

wow, i haven't checked your blog in a while! WHAT GORGEOUS pictures!!! andrew looks JUST like you Cheralyn!! cute cute!!!

The Birches said...

I love those pictures. You need to send me one of your boys together for Christmas! I only have a picture of Clarky! I miss Virginia!