Friday, November 28, 2008

Clark's 3rd Birthday!

Clark's birthday was the day after Thanksgiving this year, so we actually got to two 3 days of celebrating in a row with Brianna's birthday on the 26th, Thanksgiving, and then Clark's. I had been practicing with Clark leading up to his birthday that when people ask him how old he is, he would soon be able to say 3 instead of 2. It took him a little while to get used to the idea, but I think he is good now. Tanner and I took off at one point to go pick up cupcakes for Clark since they are his favorite treats at the moment. When we got to the grocery store, I was hoping they would have cupcakes with some kind of decoration on them, but the best thing there was actually an Oreo cupcake cake, which was pretty awesome, but no decoration. We asked at the bakery if they had any Cars decoration that they could do, and they felt very bad because they had just sent their cake decorator home for the day. I mean, how many people was cakes decorated the day after Thanksgiving right? So, instead they gave us the Lightening McQueen car and the other fun fixings that the cake decorator would use and said we could just have them for free if we were fine to do the decorating ourselves. We thought it was great! We went home and I decorated the cupcake cake, and Clark loved it. Clark got a rocket ship and a bowling set from Tanner and I, a Cars puzzle, winter accessories including Lightening McQueen rain boots from Grammy and Grandpa, a John Deere tractor from Nana and Papa, and games from the Seguines. In fact, of all the awesome gifts he received, I think he liked the free Lightening McQueen car that was on the cake the best. Classic. I can't believe my little boy is 3. He still has his 'moments' and his 'days', but he is so fun, energetic, and yet so caring. My favorite thing he does right now is whenever he hears a loud noise (i.e. me banging pans around in the kitchen getting ready for dinner), Clark yells to me "MOM, ARE YOU OKAY?" I love my big boy! Happy Birthday Clark!




2 comments:

nanamoo said...

He was such an adorable birthday boy...so cute, excited and thankful!

Mama said...

Happy birthday, Clarkster!!!!!