Monday, December 21, 2009

Let It Snow!

The D.C. area was blasted by a blizzard (how's that for my alliteration skills?) beginning Friday night. It lasted for more than 24 hours and left us with 2-3 feet of snow. There was so much snow, the boys didn't find it very fun walking outside to then seep down into the snow up to their waists and chins. They decided it was more fun to take turns opening the door, grabbing a handful of snow and slamming the door shut and then eating it together. Clark even made us snow pancakes...which were so yummy, especially since he would use his bare foot to flatten the snow into the perfect shape he desired.

Tanner, on the other hand, had the unfortunate job of trying to dig us and our neighbor who lives below us out of the snow. He spent a good couple of hours out there and I was worrying about his back. He had just had ANOTHER cortizone injection in his back for two NEW herniated discs he has received just in time for Christmas!!!!! Woohoo! I kept asking him if he wanted me to call someone from church to come help him, but he said no. When I asked him why? He said one word.

"Pride."

Well, at least he's honest. I guess we'll see if it was stupid too when he goes in for his follow-up MRI in a couple of weeks. Cue the inordinate amount of snow pics:

This was at about 10am Saturday morning. You can just barely see the curves of the top of our candy cane decorations....

3 hours later....no candy canes.


The snow finally stopped Saturday night. Sunday morning dawned bright and sunny, but still frigid cold. 11am Sunday...

Clark making his way back to the house....


After Tanner had carved a path out for us...


6 comments:

Steph said...

I was wondering how you guys survived the storm! Did you move or have I just never seen pictures of the front of your place? Sorry to hear about Tanner's back!!

nanamoo said...

WoW! and BrrrrrrrrrR!

Crawford Family said...

Woo hoo you updated your blog! I love it! So sorry I have been MIA... sick kiddos round here. Are you guys going to FL for Christmas? If not WE TOTALLY DIBS YOU!!! But if I were you I would be. Let us know where you will be when so we can hang out! Plus I have a little somethin somethin for you know who...

Melanie said...

Nice to see you back on the blog dude...looks good and holy cow, snow! are you feeling better yet? call me. :)

Sara said...

Sometimes I really miss snow. It gets cold here, so there may as well be snow too. Fun storm!

Vonae said...

Oh- I love the snow!! It looks like we are going to have a green Christmas and we are so sad! Thanks for the awesome pictures. I also have never seen the front of the house it looks cute.