Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's A Girl!

So, even though I posted the announcement on Facebook and sent it out in all our Christmas cards, I have received a few grumbles from friends and family that I had yet to announce on my blog that we are having a baby GIRL in April 2010!!! We are very very excited, and the boys are anxiously awaiting her arrival as well. From the moment we told Clark that I was going to have another baby, he said that it was a girl, and he was right. Once we confirmed to him that yes, he is going to have a sister, he has decided to call her a boy with a big fat cheesy smile every time he does it. She is in for it ... poor girl.

I have since received my first two baby girl gifts from two very good friends of mine (if you don't count the hand me down clothes my sister Trish has already given to me, which I think do count because they are awesome!). I just have to share them because I have lamented for a few years now about not being able to shop in the girls section of baby stores since they are so much cuter than the boys section. But I have always been conflicted because I was never a 'girly-girl' growing up, and I don't want to have a spoiled little priss for a daughter. I have said to my sisters and my mother before I was ever pregnant with a girl that if I had a girl I would want her to be a tomboy and that I would dress her in cute little 'track-suits'. Cue the looks of alarm and disgust on the faces of my mom and sisters! I have since changed my opinion because I have decided that JUST because I might dress my newborn daughter in very pink, ruffle butt, fairy and butterfly adorned clothes, does NOT mean she is going to be a spoiled priss. I just have to make sure Tanner doesn't give her whatever she wants whenever she wants as I hear quite a few dad's of daughters are wont to do. :-)

4 comments:

eileen said...

ok, hello, we didn't know you are pregnant!? congrats. and so excited about the girl, there really is something special about little girls. and their clothes too of course.

so, lets get together before your life is too crazy with a newborn.

Jana said...

I thought you might be pregnant considering you hadn't posted in ages. i know the feeling--we're actually expecting our 2nd a month behind you. We'll find out next week what the sex is, I think we're having another boy.

Anyway, Congrats! Hope you're feeling great!

Melody said...

What do I have to do to be on your Christmas card mailing list? I want one... ;)

I'm so happy for you guys.

The Birches said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! She will be soooo cute!