Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nintendo Thumb

So, if you are a child of the 80s, and you owned the original Nintendo, then you should know about the ailment affectionately termed "Nintendo Thumb." I think the last time I had Nintendo thumb was in 1990 just after Super Mario 3 came out on Nintendo and I got it for my birthday. I played hard to beat the game between July and August when we moved to England and we gave our cherished Nintendo away to our cousins. I think I had Nintendo thumb for a month solid.

19 years have passed, and I am happy to announce that it has returned! Thanks to this game
which I gave to Tanner for Christmas, but was really a gift for me (don't tell him). We have been playing almost every day together, and it is even more of a challenge because you can do 2 players at the same time! Tanner said to me the other night...

"After playing this together, now I know we could NEVER go on the Amazing Race together."

Let's just say we get a little bit annoyed at times when we kill each other accidentally or the other person isn't keeping up. But, it IS fun despite the minor trials it causes in our marriage ;-)

We beat the game without any cheating ... and then a new secret world opened up so I guess our playing gets to continue ... as well as my Nintendo thumb! Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

kent said...

Hey Cherylyn. I'll be honest, it's been awhile since I have visited your blog, but I loved this post. Nellie got this game for me for Christmas and we couldn't stop playing it. It's such a riot. Just last Saturday we had some people over for her birthday and Dave Axelgard came and we ended up staying up until 2 a.m. to beat the game. Well, we beat it around midnight, but then once the secret world opened up, we stayed up for a few more hours to check it out. We all were talking about how we had Nintendo thumb too.

Anyways, just thought I would share. Congrats on the girl. That's great news. I hope you guys are doing well. Say hi to Tanner for me. He escaped law and I envy him for it.