Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just When....

we went one whole week with no one being sick, I started feeling crummy on Saturday night. I woke up on Sunday morning feeling pretty yuck, but I just thought I needed to make it through church because we are super short staffed in primary. As I was sitting in sacrament, I started to feel really achy and weak. At one point I didn't even have the energy to lift Audrey up from the floor. It was kinda scary. I got up to go and get some water downstairs and my heart was racing by the time I walked down only about 15 steps. By the end of sacrament I told Tanner I needed a blessing and after we did that, we decided to go to the emergency room.

They ran all kinds of tests, and tested for Dengue Fever since I was exhibiting all the symptoms of it, but luckily (if you like just not knowing what nasty virus you actually have) those came back negative as well. I was running a fever of 104 at one point. Thankfully, friends took the kids home from church for us so Tanner could drive me and stay with me. Honestly, I think he got the raw end of the deal since he had to sit in a hard chair the whole time, and I at least had a bed. Anyway, after they pumped me full of IV fluids and Panadol, I finally felt okay enough to go home to rest. The next morning I had to go into the embassy and have them run all the same tests again because they want to make sure all the tests were done correctly. I rested all day Sunday and Monday (thank goodness for Siti who cleaned my house and watched the kids). I finally began to feel better on Tuesday and that afternoon Clark came home from school with a fever of 103. Awwwwesome. Then, Andrew started in with explosive diarrhea that has lasted the WHOLE week. Not awesome. It goes on and on. From what I can tell, this has been a beast of a year for most everyone in regard to sicknesses no matter where it seems you live, so I guess I can't blame it on Indonesia.

One of the cutest things that happened in all of this was that Tanner knew I wasn't feeling well during sacrament and Andrew kept wanting to climb on me. Tanner whispered to Andrew that Mommy wasn't feeling well so he needed to stay with him. Andrew then proceeded to sit on Tanner's lap quietly and rub my head and back. It was adorable. Love that kid.


3 comments:

nanamoo said...

cute boy :)

Steph said...

Wow! Not fun! Did they ever diagnose you with anything?

Vonae said...

I'm glad that your family is doing better. A horrible flu is going around here. Thankfully, we haven't had it. I'm glad that you had some good friends that could take care of your kids.