Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday News Day!

Just read it...

Man Traumatized After 9-Hour Ordeal in Mosque Toilet
Jakarta Globe | March 26, 2011

A Jakarta resident says he's now suffering from mental trauma after having endured one of possibly the worst bathroom incidents that could ever happen to anyone.

Sugiyono, 42, a resident of Tebet, South Jakarta, said his ordeal started when he was about to use the toilet at the Istiqlal Grand Mosque on Friday morning.

“When I was sitting on
[the toilet bowl], I slipped and my foot got stuck in it. I tried to pull it out but it wouldn't budge,” he told reporters afterward, according to news portal Detik.com.

After Sugiyono cried for help, mosque caretakers arrived, broke down the door and tried to pull his foot out to no avail.

“We tried to break down the toilet bowl with a sickle, but it was made of iron so we decided to call the Fire Department
,” said Anto, a mosque caretaker.

After firefighters arrived, they managed to take the the toilet bowl off the ground, but Sugiyono's foot was still stuck in it.

Finally, they used a heavy-duty iron cutter to tear the toilet bowl into pieces and free Sugiyono's foot — nine hours after his ordeal started.

“I have learned my lesson, I'll be more careful when in the toilet next time, but I think it will take me a while before I can go to the toilet without feeling nervous,” he said.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I imagine this is the kind of toilet that is on the floor? Else, how would you manage to get your foot in it? I'm glad I've never experienced such a thing.

Melanie said...

Spencer said if that happened to him he would never tell anyone...EVER. :)