Thursday, May 25, 2006

Fifty Nifty

Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies, Fifty Nifty stars in the flag that billows so beautifully in the breeze. Each individual state contributes a quality that is great. Each individual state deserves a bow: We salute them now!


On Wednesday Dad, Clark, and I attended Brianna's awards day in her class. It has been a while since I have been around this age group of kids, especially in a classroom setting. They were so cute as they received their awards from their teacher, and at the end when she started to cry talking about how much she loved her students, the children responded "Please don't cry Mrs. Desourdy!". I must admit the whole experience was very nostalgic for me, and made me think back to my elementary school days...half of which were spent in England. While I could go on and on about all the cool and amazing experiences I had in England, I have at times since our return to the U.S. felt a little shafted because of some of the classic childhood American school experiences I missed. One of these was learning about the United States in 4th grade. Brianna's class performed the United States song and it was the cutest thing in the whole world...and I actually KNEW the song! Like so many other things, my awesome sisters had taught it to me as they had both learned it before we moved to England...I guess I didn't miss out on everything! Personally, I think my sisters are pretty nifty!!
P.S. In my calm objective opinion FLORIDA is the Best of all the Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I thought your calm, objective opinion about FL was great. I think you are nifty too chezbez. :)

nanamoo said...

...and I had to miss it because this was one of two days the entire year (other than a Friday) that I had to work in the morning! Waaaaah! But Mrs. Desourdy and I did have a good cry together after school :)