Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Multomah Falls

The first time I visited Washington with Tanner, I was observing the people as we were driving around. I finally turned to Tanner and asked "Why does everyone look like they just came down from the mountains?" It seemed that everyone was either sporting a beard, hair down to the middle of their back, or birkenstocks, and in many cases, all three. It has been a joke between us ever since, and while I may not adopt the outward appearance of many Washingtonians, I too love the nature surrounding them that IS Washington. I guess I understand now why Washington and Oregon are known for their numerous environmentalits, because they have some pretty amazing vistas that actually ARE worth defending. Last Monday we went to see the Multomah Falls, which are about 30 minutes from Vancouver. Tanner's mom came with us, and we hiked up to the top. Clark got to relax in the stroller while we pushed him a mile up the mountain. It was beautiful...I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.





7 comments:

nanamoo said...

last the best!

Steph said...

I'm glad you made it up to the falls. It's a beautiful place to visit!

Melanie said...

beauty chezzie!

Tricia said...

sultry, sexy chez

definitely NOT a turtle

Cherylyn said...

I was trying NOT to do the Turtle and look what happens instead! I can't win!

Tricia said...

well normally, i look like a turtle...but with my head IN the shell

Melanie said...

LOL, sexy turtle