Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Perfect Pumpkins

On Saturday, we woke up to a cloudy and misty October day...perfect for going to a pumpkin patch! We loaded everyone up, and drove to Sauvie Island, about 30 minutes away. To get to the pumpkin patch you take a hayride pulled by none other than a John Deere tractor. We traipsed around the patch until we found our perfect pumpkin.



We rode back and decided to attempt the Corn Maze in the hopes that between 6 adults, we would be able to somehow navigate the way through successfully. We had to stand in line for a few minutes, and Clark had fun playing with grandpa to pass the time.


Ultimately, thanks to some clue cards and the quick intellect of Brianna (Shane and Vonae's 5 year old daughter), we made it through the maze successfully! I think Clark was more interested in eating the corn on the stalks than the maze itself (see picture below), but we had a lot of fun.



Next was the animal barn. Clark made quick friends with the Llama,


while I was observing the two cutest pigs ever!


What is it with me and pigs? I have always thought they are adorable! Maybe I just feel badly for them because they get a bad rap for being messy animals when in fact they are quite clean. Just like me in my family growing up! (If I could just delete that one instance of the beater covered in brownie mix found in my sock drawer).

But by far the cutest thing was the three "pumpkins" having fun together!


It was totally worth the 45 minute traffic jam leaving the island. For more pictures of the day, see Vonae's blog titled Sauvie Island

4 comments:

Steph said...

Cute "pumpkins"!!

Melanie said...

Your child just makes me SMILE!!!! He is so so so so so so so CUTE! Love the pics. Priceless of Tanner and Clark.

Tricia said...

I actually like the pic on Vonae's blog where he is eating the pumpkin sign. What a cute boy!

nanamoo said...

just so you know and can look forward to it, charlotte's web is coming out a christmas time. i loved all the pics and tales of the day...especially clark, no offense to the rest of you. what a great day!