Thursday, April 5, 2007

Birdhouse Scenes

Trish and I plus our kids loved spending the week at the Birdhouse with Nana, Papa, and Bonna. We did a lot! We went riding on the John Deere tractor with Papa, cruising on the Carter Cruiser, and speeding on the waverunners!


The boys, eating Fruit Loops while watching Cars together.
If you look closely, you can see a blue Fruit Loop poking out of Clark's mouth. Very Cute.

It also happened to be conference weekend, so we enjoyed my mother's yummy cinnamon rolls. They were the best I have ever had!

My favorite talk from conference was by Elder Holland:

In speaking to the women (after he had spoken directly to the men) he said "what of the unbridled tongue in your mouth, of the power for good or ill in your words? How is it that such a lovely voice which by divine nature is so angelic, so close to the veil, so instinctively gentle and inherently kind could ever in a turn be so shrill, so biting, so acrid and untamed?"

"Our words, like our deeds, should be filled with faith and hope and charity, the three great Christian imperatives so desperately needed in the world today. With such words, spoken under the influence of the Spirit, tears can be dried, hearts can be healed, lives can be elevated, hope can return, confidence can prevail."

It definitely cut me to the core...in a good way!

In addition to everything that was happening at the birdhouse, my mom and Tricia helped me look for apartments in Orlando to move into for a few months before we find a house to buy. I found some I liked and took all my 'research' home to Tanner. We will move in August after Tanner takes the bar. All in all, in was a great trip, especially with Mom and I beating Trish and Dad 2 out of 3 games of pinochle. Even Courtney, who came down with her THIRD bout of Strep throat while we were there was as happy as a clam. And I was also as happy as a clam, until on the drive back to Tricia's house, my throat began to feel a little sore...

1 comment:

Melody said...

I loved that talk too. Isn't it great how they know EXACTLY what to say and HOW to say it?