Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fort Lauderdale Beach



We also stopped by Fort Lauderdale on our way down to Miami. Miami gets all the hype, but I actually prefer the Fort Lauderdale beaches and strip to Miami, especially if you aren't as much into the whole clubbing scene. I think it is also better kept and looks a whole lot less run down than South Beach. We ate lunch on the strip and went for a walk on the beach and then headed the rest of the way down to Miami. Once there, we stayed at an okay hotel right on the beach and went over to Bayside and ate Cuban food listening to the live salsa music. We had a good time and we drove around the downtown area and also down South Beach on our way back up to our hotel. I always laugh when I see snippets of CSI:Miami on TV because the make everything have a orange/yellow glow in the show. It's a beautiful city, but it's not like that in real life ALL the time.

4 comments:

nanamoo said...

it looks just like i remember it...beautiful!

Tricia said...

love fort laud. you don't look pg at all btw.

Melanie said...

I agree with trish about both things. Reminds me of the christmas card photo on the beach. LOVELY.

Steph said...

I agree - you definitely don't look pg. How are you feeling, btw?