Friday, August 3, 2007

Welcome to the Sunshine State!

We have arrived! The drive wasn't so bad, but of course as usual, it was raining when we got to the sign the says "Welcome to the Sunshine State". Florida really is a sunny place, but when it rains it pours, literally. They don't make wipers fast enough for the rain that can come down here. Once it started to subside, I lost Tanner in Jacksonville after he was pulled over by a policeman after the officer noticed one of the tire fasteners had come loose on the tow dolly pulling our other car. I saw that he was pulled over and I thought something was very wrong so what did I do? I got off on the next exit, turn around on I-95 to go back to him. Then I saw him on the other side of the freeway riding along. I tried to hurry and get off the freeway and turn around to get back on going the right direction to catch up to him, but it took a little while. It took me almost an hour going between 75 and 80 mph to catch up to him...and then he gave me this look through the window like "Where have YOU been?" I WAS COMING TO RESCUE YOU, AND YOU TOOK OFF! Yeah, you know the look I gave. But the important thing is that we made it to the Birdhouse with no major catastrophes. We got to relax the rest of the day until Friday, when we were slated to move into our apartment. Luckily we had Nana and Papa to help us the next day. Somehow I managed to lose Tanner and my parents the next day too after I was fighting with a toll booth guy, and I ended up being the last one to the apartment, when I was supposed to be the one who knew how to get there.
Due to the skillishness of all involved, we were able to unload the truck in under 2 hours. Even Clark helped with the unpacking.We love our new apartment, especially the washer and dryer and the two bathrooms. It only makes me more excited to start looking for a house. As I said in my previous blog, we decided to set up Clark's bunk bed. I thought we had sheets that were a full size, but apparently not. We bought some new ones the next day. He loves his new bed, but he also has figured out that he can get out of his bed whenever he wants. We have heard him playing in his room for a little while after we have put him to bed and locked the door, and we go in later and move him from the floor (where he has passed out) back onto his bed. He has actually stayed in his bed a few nights, so he does get the concept!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Has Clark figured out how to climb up to the top bunk yet?

Cherylyn said...

He can't get up to the top bunk because we put the ladder end next to the wall. He will have to grow another foot or two before he would be able to manage to get up there without the ladder.

nanamoo said...

I didn't mean to make you feel incompetent for losing your group. Quite the opposite, I was impressed with your fantastic organizing skills and it was just funny/odd how you kept getting separated!

Melanie said...

What a big boy!!! I'm not ready to lose the crib yet. :)