Friday, September 21, 2007

5 Year Anniversary!

Today Tanner and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! For some reason, probably due to lack of funds, we have never really been big celebrators in previous years, but we made up for it this year! My gift for him was labor intensive and of course I only came up with the idea 5 days before our anniversary. Since Tanner now has an office, I decided to go through all of our pictures since we have been married and pick ones out that I could have enlarge and then framed for his office. The ones I chose were mostly landscapes and cityscapes. They included our hiking trip in the "Subway" at Zion's National Park, the Grand Canyon, and a group of pictures from Washington D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, and New York with a U.S. History theme. Because some of the pictures were taken back when we only had a 35mm camera, it was a little tricky. But I actually had all of my negatives, which I was shocked about because I am not Miss Organization. The photo place I went to was great, and they did a wonderful job fixing the quality of those photos. I also enlarged an amazing picture Tanner had taken of a lighthouse in the Outer Banks and paired it with black and white photos of us on the beach and the footprints photo that is the header of my blog. I was really happy with how everything turned out and even more importantly, Tanner loved them all!
Tanner told me earlier in the week that he had made dinner reservations for us at Flemings and that he had bought tickets for us to go see Annie! It just so happened that the Broadway National Tour was in town! I was so excited and assumed that was my anniversary gift.
I went and met him at his office and brought his pictures with me, and just before we left he handed me a bag and said "Happy Anniversary". I was really shocked, but happy! Inside was a beautiful ring that has rubies (my birthstone) in it. I love it! The presents were great, the food was great, the show was great, and the last five years have been the best!

P.S. Thank you to my parents for watching Clark!

6 comments:

Melody said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. They keep getting better as far as I can see.
Beautiful ring too. Way to go Tanner!

Tricia said...

Nice job Tan. Life is good!

Heather said...

Our five year is coming up and I've got all kinds of ideas!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sure Clark will be a great big brother. I'm just sad that all our little kids didn't get to hang out more together- just as they were all starting to get to the point where they cared about other kids.

Sounds like things are going well. And congrats to Tanner on the Bar. We're still waiting...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely anniversary and great memory!

nanamoo said...

The pictures were fabulous. The ring is beautiful. And, we had a great night with Clark. Happy Anniversary!

Melanie said...

IMPRESSIVANEEE!!!! Sounds like a beautiful night and a beautiful ring to go with it.