Sunday, April 6, 2008

Clark and The Throne

So, I have been nonchalantly trying to get Clark to like the toilet...and after numerous failed attempts at asking him if he wanted to try the toilet, he actually said YES! It may have been because he was actually on his way to bed for the night when I asked him and I think he thought anything is better than bed, but STILL! We gave him lots of praise and even though he has yet to produce anything of substance while on the toilet, just the fact that he is willing to go near it is a huge step in the right direction.
Here is video Tanner took of Clark while "the boys" were outside trying to burn down the deck, oops..I mean, BBQ some chicken. Yes, we let our children play near fire, and yes we let them play with lighters...but only ones with safety locks! ;-)

7 comments:

Tricia said...

The best part is you in the background going:
Hello, CAN YOU HEAR ME?
HELLO?
HELLLLO?

The Birches said...

hahhaha Clark is just too cute! I'm so glad you have this blog so I can stalk your child! :)

adventure knitter said...

Good luck with potty training...i hate it, and vowed that Mia would potty train herself...or Meg would potty train her. The past couple of mornings have started off with Mia getting naked and Meg trying to help her go potty....SAC! I guess I'd better do something about that...

Mama said...

Poops on the potty are a beautiful, beautiful thing. Really!!

Megan said...

Was he trying to be Harry Potter in that video? That was so funny.

Megan said...

I watched that video again and tricia! you are so right! the phone part was SO classic ;)

Missy White said...

I had a hard time not laughing at the father softly chuckling while his son performed the age old art of challenging the fire! (it did bring thoughts of light sabers) Cherylyn provided great background noise.