Friday, April 4, 2008

CVS

I love CVS Pharmacy.

Where else can you buy storage bins, milano pepperidge farm cookies, an audio/video cable, a rug, diapers, and organic makeup?

Okay, maybe Walmart or Target, but apparently I live in a zero tolerance zone for Target or Walmart as the closest one of either brand is 20 minutes away. But even at Target and Walmart they don't print out nifty coupons that actually save you a good chunk of moolah.

I could wander around that store for a good hour being amazed at the products that they actually have. I was first introduced to CVS when I was trying to find a special kind of photo album and could not find one anywhere. I was talking to my sister Melanie about where I should look next and she said "Have you gone to CVS...I bet they have one." I said "Whatever...it's a pharmacy!" Melanie said "Dude, CVS has every random thing you need." And I now must concur.

As if all of these things weren't testament enough...I was browsing through my local store last night, when Bette Davis Eyes came on the store music speakers. I think I might have gotten some weird looks as I was slinking down the aisles singing "All the boys think she's a SPY..." This song is a family favorite, and it gave me warm fuzzies after hearing it. Now, when was the last time YOU got warm fuzzies at Walmart? Yeah, didn't think so.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have NEVER gotten warm fuzzies at Walmart! I don't actually think that's possible. I hate that place and have vowed to never go back unless there is no other option, and really how likely is that? I'll have to try CVS!

Heather said...

Yep, I grew up with CVS. We went there for everything as Walmart nor Target were even in my vocabulary for most of my growing up years. Now I've obliterated W---from my vocabulary. It is the store which "shall not be named."

Tricia said...

Um, me and Mel would like to request some pics of the BABY please.

Missy White said...

I've never shopped at CVS. Sounds like an experience and warm fuzzies just don't occur when I shop.

Linda Carter said...

Not to make you jealous, but I enjoy shopping at CVS too, especially since we get an employee discount.... But I will admit, I still do the majority of my shopping at walmart or target, both are within 5 minutes of my house...