Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Article of Faith

So a friend of mine was telling me that her friend's 2 1/2 year old daughter knows all of the names of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles by heart and in order. I was pretty amazed by that and started thinking about what Clark might be capable of that I have assumed he could not know or understand.

So for family home evening a couple of weeks ago, I decided to try to teach Clark the First Article of Faith by him repeating the words after me. I figured since he almost has the whole prayer thing down, this might be doable. I was surprised at how fast he caught on and we have been practicing it every night before he goes to bed. He LOVES saying "Holy Ghost" at the end. I am convinced he knows what a ghost is and so he thinks it's pretty funny every time he gets to say it. We still have to help him out in the middle of it, but I'm pretty proud of him. It really is amazing (and scary too!) what they can pick up on and retain at this age. I figure he is going to eventually embarrass me with something bad I have said that he will decide to repeat, so at least now I can say "But hey, he knows his first article of faith too!" and continue digging a hole like I normally do in those kinds of situations. But for now, I will just focus on how smart and spiritual I think he is...at the ripe old age of 2.

We did the video a couple of times to see if he could get it completely right all by himself, and I think he finally realized what I was trying to do, and in complete Clark fashion...he decided he was done and it was time to be funny again. Seriously that kid is a clown. A smart and spiritual clown!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

What a kick!

nanamoo said...

He cracks me up. I loved it when he did it for me in the real. How his cute little face concentrates so hard while he is thinking and remembering...it's great!

Amy G. said...

i guess we can't be impressed anymore by jonah learning his articles of faith cause ellie is NO where near there :) way to go clark! your future primary president is going to LOVE you!! what a sweetie.

Mama said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

The Birches said...

hahaha that's awesome! I love my Clarkie! :)

Nicole said...

Oh, so cute! I love how deliberately he says each word. "HEY ANNA...KATE....Time to have a lesson!...."

;O)