Friday, April 7, 2006

Story Time

As most of you know, I loved having stories read to me by my mother growing up. She may even tell you that she read to me in high school, but I can niether confirm nor deny that :-). It is one of things I have most looked forward to doing with my children. I don't know if there is any specific time to begin, but I guess anytime is good, even if they have no clue what we are actually doing. Clark can currently make it through two stories, until he decides he is done and wants to move on to other more exciting things like eating or sleeping. He does hit the pages while I read and he has started to grab the edges, which I would like to think means he is trying to turn the pages. I have decided his favorite books are: Are You My Mother, Clifford's Bathtime, and Moo, Baa, La, La, La. His dad does the animal noises during the reading of Moo, Baa, La, La, La since every time I attempt it, it sounds like that animal dying. Why is it that every man is a pro at animal and engine noises? It's like they go to the "Special School for Noises" that girls weren't allowed to go to. Go figure.

3 comments:

nanamoo said...

ahhhhh...great times!

Melanie said...

loved it...so true about the boy noises :)

Linda Carter said...

Yes Chez, I can remember your mother reading all the time when you girls were little.. In fact, about 3 weeks ago after going to our second missionary farewell of the sons of friends 2 sundays in a row, I was thinking about Jeremy and getting quite teary eyed. So what to do??? Get out his 1 year b-day party video. That is enough to push any mother over the edge..Especially when her firstborn will be leaving on his mission in about a year.. Anyway, I am watching how cute you and your sisters were in video and sure enough, we open up gift from your family... Guess what?? Yep, books...These are first pics I have seen of your family.. Such a cute baby..And you are a bunch of "towheads"....Take care and keep on reading.. Our family favorite is "The Napping House"...