Friday, April 28, 2006

5 = 12?

Clark is 5 months old today! I went shopping for Tanner since his birthday is next month, and of course I had to stop in at Carter's to check to see if they had any good clothes for our little guy. I must admit that I am in a little bit of denial when it comes to how big my 'little' guy is. I have kept him in 6-9 month clothes way too long (just ask Tricia who flat out told me recently that his outfits were too small on him). To me, the size of clothes he wears is just another way of reminding me that he is growing up way too fast, and that he will soon be wanting to buy his own clothes. But, I decided today I should actually get him some summer clothes that fit...and what did I have to buy??? 12 month clothes. My son is as big as a one year old and he isn't even half way there yet! I guess the only consolation is that every time I take him out shopping, someone somewhere tells me how cute they think he is...even if they think they are saying it about a 12 month old.

My funny story for the day was from a lady who was working in one of the stores, and she said "Where does he get that chin from? Does his dad have a chin like that?" I totally thought she was referring to Clark's ever present Double Chin, and I said "No, his dad doesn't have one". She said "Oh, YOU have one!!" I was totally shocked and was thinking "Oh no you didn't!", and was just about to turn around and walk right out of the store, and she pointed to the middle of her chin "He gets it from you! The dimple!"

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is so hilarious...I was laughing just thinking that the lady may have interpreted you telling her tanner didn't have "one" meaning---didn't have a chin. I was laughing at that...but then realized about the double chin and the dimple!