Thursday, December 21, 2006

New York Day 2






On Day Two, we decided to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I was excited because while I have been to New York numerous times, it has been about ten years since I have been to Liberty Island. You can't walk up into the statue anymore, because they decided it was just too crowded and too much of a hazard. But you can look up into it from below. It was a nice day and the New York skyline was beautiful. We enjoyed ourselves and I even bought Clark a Statue of Liberty pen that lights up and that he can chew on, and I bought Tanner and I matching hot chocolate mugs. We even stopped off at IKEA on our way out of town to grab a few last minute stocking stuffers for our kids. It was a great trip and I had so much fun with the other women: Joni, Jene, and Amy. Kudos to Joni who is 7 1/2 months pregnant and walked all over town like a champ and also Amy who is newly pregnant and despite what we termed a 'quick throwup stop' just outside of DC was good to go the rest of the trip! I am especially grateful that 4 women can talk for 7 hours straight each way and keep the driver awake with lively conversation!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Your trip sounds like the bomb diggity!!!! I'm so jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

great pics!