Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Airport...JUST IN TIME.

So, Tanner was slated to fly in on Wednesday night at around midnight and he was going to pick up Dan's car at the airport and drive it home since he would be getting in later in the evening than Dan was slated to on Thursday. It's complicated, but just work with me people.

However, Tanner's flight plan took him from DC up to New York and back down to Charlotte. Can you say LAME? Of course he ended up getting delayed out of DC, and arrived in NY after his other flight had already left to go to Charlotte. He had to get on the next flight which was the following morning. He ended up sleeping at the airport in his suit that we was wearing from work that day. Because of the change in flight schedules, after his flight took off the next morning, Trish and I realized that we should go and pick him up at the airport so that Dan could drive his car home that night instead. But there was no way to get a hold of him to tell him that we were picking him up. We were watching the flight all morning and of course it decides to update that he was getting in 20 minutes earlier than it was showing the entire time right when we were thinking we needed to leave. We booked it to the airport and Trish and I were hatching our last minute strategies. I think we both decided we were in some race against time movie, because we were on a mission.

We called and had his name paged, and when we arrived at the terminal, I hopped out and ran in to look for him while Tricia went to find Dan's car. While I was walking toward the baggage claim, I heard Tanner's name paged, but I stopped and asked someone if they were from the same flight and when they said yes, I knew that Tanner was already gone because he had not checked any bags. I ran out of the terminal and followed the explicit instructions that Dan had given me that I had in turn given Tanner on how to get to his car...follow the red brick path behind the fountain until you hit the dead end where the air control tower is...take a left, and the car is all of the way down until the 2nd row from the exit, and it was the first car in the row. Life was hanging in the balance I tell you. I was running so hard. Suddenly, I see the car, and someone is in it. It was Tanner! I barely caught him in time. The only thing that saved us was that he couldn't figure out how to turn on the car...because you don't actually turn on Dan's car...you push it on...with a button. Anyway, Tricia soon found us and came squealing around the corner to pick us up. It was all very Jack Bauer a la 24. We were awesome. I wish we could say that we saved a life, but in reality, we just saved ourselves from having to go back to the airport later that night to get Dan...but I would venture that in this case, it's not what you save but how you save it that is important...and Trish and I know HOW it's done people.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I couldn't figure out how to turn Dan's car on either. I was like, this is a car right? Anyway, I totally imagined the whole thing...and all I have to say is, you and Trish know how to get it done!

Tricia said...

We are AWESOME yo.

The Birches said...

Hahahaha your post made me laugh! I bet Tanner was like "what the!!!" when he saw you approaching the car!
So I guess this answers your question, NO your blog is not one of the boring ones I was talking about! hahahah I loved all your comments on my blog. I miss you too! Can I come visit? :)

Nicole said...

Funny stuff, Cherylyn! Way to work it.