Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th/Birthday!

So it took us a good four days to 'recover' from our trip to California. Naps were at crazy times and getting the kids to bed at a normal hour was difficult, not to mention that I was also pretty exhausted from the trip as well. It was a good thing we recovered by day four because it was the 4th of July and my birthday! I told Tanner I did NOT want to do anything busy because I still was in recovery mode, so we decided to have a relaxing day at home, and it turns out the weather was not supposed to be good for fireworks. We went with our realtor/friend to see some houses (more on our house hunting search later), and then Tanner prepared an awesome lunch with a bunch of hors d'oeuvres.
After we gobbled those up, I opened my presents. Tanner spoiled me by giving me a gift certificate for a massage (much needed after wrangling with my kids on the airplane), and he got me Wii Fit! He also made the cake himself! Clark helped Tanner put the candles on the cake, and I sneaked into the kitchen and got this photo before they were done.
After cake and presents, we played Wii Fit while the boys took their naps. In the end, we decided we should at least try to go and see some fireworks somewhere. It was raining, but we thought that might be good so not a lot of people would venture out, and traffic wouldn't be bad. We headed up the George Washington Memorial Parkway, and turned off in Rosslyn and found a great place to park where we could just see the top of the Washington Monument. We waited in the car until the fireworks were just about to start since it was still raining outside.
Once they started, the rain had pretty much stopped, so it was actually quite enjoyable watching the fireworks together! Clark loved shouting out all of the colors as they would explode, and he kept saying "Wow!" all of the time. It was pretty spectacular. It was a great end to a nice, relaxing, and fun day...and even better when we had no traffic on the way home!! Thank you to my husband who made so much effort to make my birthday fun for me!
P.S. Thank you to my mom, Melanie, and my mother-in-law for giving me a much needed new wardrobe for my birthday! Thank you to my sister Tricia for giving me my very own Coach purse. Love it!

1 comment:

nanamoo said...

Love you Chezzie! You were my best 4th of July ever!!!