Thursday, July 24, 2008

Frosty Incident

Me and the boys headed out to North Carolina to watch my sister Tricia's kids for a few days while the parents got some R&R. When I am on these long drives, I really like to call my friends who I haven't talked to in a while and it really helps to pass the time quickly. We had stopped off at the Wendy's drive-thru to grab some grub and headed straight back out onto the freeway. Clark LOVES Frosties, but he loves their new Frosty shakes even more because they come with whipped cream and a cherry on top. Who wants just a REGULAR heart attack when you can get one with whipped cream and a cherry on top? Not me and certainly not Clark. So as I am pulling onto the freeway, my friend Jenn calls me. She is living out in Utah right now and just had their first baby and it's a boy...AND they are moving out to the DC area in December. So we had A LOT to talk about. Usually when I get on the phone, Clark takes it as his cue to become the stereotypical 2 1/2 year old who will do, say, or yell anything to get my attention. But this time, I had the Frosty to keep him quiet and occupied while I gabbed on and on with Jenn. We talked for at least 30 mins, and I didn't even think about Clark the entire time I was on the phone because he was SO quiet. As soon as I hung up the phone, Clark for the first time immediately pipes up with:

"Mommy, oh no! All wet!"

I look at him in my rear view mirror and I see FROSTY......EVERYWHERE. It was immediately clear to me that he was having a good 'ol time while I was on the phone blowing Frosty out of the end of the straw all over the back seat. And not just the back seat, but he managed to get Andrew, the seat belts, the windows (his and mine), and the back right corner of my shirt. It was the first time he had ever done something like this, but it was also the first time I was a genius mom and let him have a FROSTY uninterrupted for 30 minutes too. I was in no mood to pull over and clean up Frosty so I told him that it was a huge no-no and that he was going to have to sit in Frosty until we got to Tricia's house (that showed him who's the boss!). About 20 minutes later, he fell asleep and I just had to take a picture (while driving mind you) when I saw this:Oh wait, and here's a window shot so you can get the FULL effect:
Even knowing that I would end up spending a good amount of time cleaning this up, I couldn't help but laugh...he even looked kinda cute...

sticky, but cute.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

You are a mom with a sense of humor, because there is NO WAY I could laugh at this one.

I totally laughed reading your blog though!

The Birches said...

HAHAHAHAHAH Oh my gosh! That is SO funny! I love it, I even had Dustin come upstairs to read it! I love Clarkie!!!

nanamoo said...

Oh no! LOL! LOL! Great pictures!

Nicole said...

Oh, that's cute! (But I'm glad it's in your car) And I WILL be contacting you soon. Yes, we need your help. Oh, life is crazy.

Heather said...

Wow! I can really learn from your example on how to deal with situations like this! That's pretty impressive, Clark!