Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Play with the Doh

I think that at this stage of life it is really easy to get into a rut. Or at least, I have found it easy to get into a rut. For example, we are to a point now where every morning Clark wakes up and the first thing out of his mouth is "Watch a show? Peep!" It is a ritual that I am fine to have for a little bit of the first part of the day, but admittedly, I have let it run away from me. Clark ends up watching show after show after show, while I am either feeding Andrew and/or laying comatose on the couch. I hate it when I look up at the clock and a couple of hours have gone by and look what I have to show for it? A toddler whose eyes are completely glazed over, and he is practically bouncing off the walls to do something active. Coming up with creative things to do with little kids does not come naturally to me, but once I settle on something to do, we have a ton of fun. Today we decided to bust out the Play Doh. Clark loved playing with it and kept asking me to make 'pancakes' with the different colors. At one point I asked him if we should make a face on one of the pancakes. We decided to make one that looked like Andrew. I placed the eyes and the mouth, and Clark squeezed out the hair. Move over Michaelangelo!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Very cute!

nanamoo said...

no way...what a great idea!